Taking a page from the Judaism Unbound podcast, Rachael and Bryan ask the questions: What does Judaism do and what it is for? What does it do for those who don’t feel compelled by God to live life according to Jewish law? Rabbi Maurice Harris fields these questions, and also explains why he avoids “outing” himself as a rabbi while he’s a passenger on a commercial flight.
This podcast is produced by Reconstructing Judaism. Visit us at ReconstructingJudaism.org.Support Evolve
- Moses: A Stranger Among Us (Amazon link)
- Leviticus: You Have No Idea (Amazon link)
- The Accidental Rabbi — Where my thoughts on progressive religion, adoptive parenting, politics, and baseball collide
- Pew Research Center: A Portrait of Jewish Americans (2013 study)
- Sefaria: a Living Library of Jewish Texts Online
- The Open Siddur Project — The Open Siddur is a libre open access volunteer-driven digital humanities project developing an open-source web-to-print publishing tool for crafting print-ready prayer books from a growing archive of liturgy and ritual praxis, historic and contemporary, familiar and obscure, in every language that Jews pray or have ever prayed